THANK YOU MEGAN @ The Daily Sweat for passing along the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm not sure how I found Megan but I'm grateful to be a voyeur on her inspiring triathlon training. If only I'd found her sooner, we could have possibly met up when we both did the Lake Padden Triathlon this past June. Hopefully we can toast after the 2011 Lake Padden Tri!
I actually participated in Versatile Blogger festivities back in May (see here, Seven Random Things). I'm honored to take another shot and pass along to more bloggers...
1. Say thank you to who sent you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to other bloggers.
- I lived in Megan's current home-town of Bellingham, WA for 5 memorable years and I'm so envious that she found a job in the best town in all of Washington state. Lucky lady!
- I went to 8 schools during grades K-12. All schools were in Washington state.
- The Danskin Women's Triathlon was my first triathlon experience in 1993, age 20. (I did it because my ex-boyfriend had just done a tri and I had to prove that I could do anything he could do.)
- I was a vegetarian for 9 long years. I broke my meat fast with a grilled brautwurst at a Notre Dame football game in South Bend, IN and never looked back.
- Don't get me wrong! I do love veggies. I get organic produce delivered from a local farm every other week and the variety that comes in my produce box helps us cook/eat a wide variety of veggies year-round.
- My favorite Halloween candy is candy corn.
- I have a genetic polymorphism in the YCE-CRM-2A1 gene that makes it necessary for me, for my survival, to eat ice cream on a regular basis. It is passed down from my paternal grandfather. Thankfully, this aberration doesn't appear to be paired with lactose intolerance. That would be bad.
I'm happy to pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to two more local bloggers and one international Mama:
Thanks again, Megan! And now, I need to scoop my ice cream before The Office starts!