Monday, October 4, 2010

Still grumpy

I haven't been able to get into the doctor because Virginia Mason Hospital's computers were down and so they couldn't schedule appointments. WTH? Today, after multiple tries to get through to the scheduling line, I was able to schedule an appointment with a nurse practitioner for tomorrow at 9:30 am.

Hopefully I'll get a referral to a PT (since I already have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday) and possibly a sports med doc. I'm also hoping we can rule out a stress fracture. Are there any tests for this besides an x-ray? 

So yes, my ankle is still f&kt and I'm really grumpy about it. It hurts to walk. I can't put pressure on it at all. Still no biking to work, either. I swear I can feel my fitness slipping away by the day. At least I can swim, which is ok but difficult for me to do with limited child care.

@#)(*%&*^#$!

In the meantime, I've doing a lot of cooking lately. Unfortunately, the food ends up in my belly before I think to take photos but really, our dinners have been quite beautiful lately: grilled salmon with delicata squash "chips" on Friday, homemade marina sauce w/ grass-fed, organic beef meatballs and cheese tortellini on Saturday, bouillabaisse and tuna tartare on Sunday, pan-friend rockfish tonight...hopefully just leftovers tomorrow (or drown myself in Seattle's best, Manny's Pale Ale, depending on how the doc appointment goes).



Since I have a little more spare time these days, I'm also knitting a fall/winter tuque for Baby F (pictures coming when finished) and am making progress on The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver.

9 comments:

  1. Oh man. That is not good. I really hope it's something minor. :( Sending good thoughts.

    PS: We have a Delicata and don't know what to do with it! Send recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... hopefully your appointment goes well and it's nothing major. Your list of cooking has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks -- I'm sorry to hear that!

    On another note, Dr. offices have functioned for many years without computers - what is their deal? They can't write stuff down in an appointment book? Seriously!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH, how frustrating to still hurt and not be able to see the doc yet. I hope your appointment goes well and they figure out how to heal you up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very frustrating to be injured and not know what is wrong.

    Maybe you have tendonitis? Tight muscles and/or the wrong shoes can do that to you. It's how I had it last year. Do you remember rolling your ankle?

    I think an MRI can determine a stress fracture and I think they are done when an x-ray is inconclusive.

    I hope you find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner sounds delish... :)

    Thanks for all the tips for my upcoming event! That was great...I've already checked them out and think I can put in a few things from there.

    Just wanted you to know I appreciated it! Get that ankle better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read about your injury. I've been out of running for a few weeks with a sore foot too, and it's so frustrating isn't it? Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your ankle! I hope all goes well at the dr appt. Perhaps it is tendonitis & only a short recovery time is needed. Oh, and now I'm starving after reading about your cooking. Yum!

    ReplyDelete