Thursday, October 28, 2010

Get in my belly!

THIS came in my produce box this week:

Meet: Romanesco Cauliflower
This would have been perfect for MomVsMarathon's veggie SOWL challenge this past summer. I have had cauliflower a-plenty but I don't think I've ever had ROMANESCO cauliflower and I KNOW I've never actually cooked one.

Ideas?

A quick on-line search yielded a few options, so far the most appealing is to chop him up & toss with parm, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic then roast in the oven for 20 minutes @ 400 degrees F. Yum!

I'm curious to hear if anyone has other ideas for this poor guy? He's going to end up in my belly, the question is, In what form?

And in other news:

  • Tomorrow will be a big 15 minute run for me and more PT homework (I have a TON of new exercises that make me sore now). 
  • Saturday is the big event I know y'all have been impatiently waiting for...


PAC10 XC CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Full race report coming up this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your title - The Hubs and I quote that all the time!! I've never seen such a crazy cauliflower, but that recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really pretty, but a little intimidating. I wouldn't know what to do with it either, but that is what the internet is for right? Good luck, share what you end up doing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a cactus plant. You sure you're supposed to eat that? I think I'd just put it in a pot and let it sit in my window sill... :)

    ReplyDelete