Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Green light!

As of this morning's PT appointment, I'm allowed to RUN! My ankle is still a bit stiff and I still need to wear the crazy tape on my ankle for 90 days and I still need to keep up with my exercises but I'm allowed to RUN now!

Rx: 15 minutes every other day as long as there is no pain. 

Not everyone would consider it running but I'm NOT complaining. My glass is definitely half full. 

I started jumping up & down in the office this morning when Brian said I was going to get to run. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks and 3 days since I last ran (You Go Girl 10k). It's been driving me crazy - especially with everyone out running marathons lately & making us gimps jealous.

That's my quick update, I'm off to cook up some dinner:

  • rockfish caught locally by yours truly and hopefully pan fried (not low fat but quite good)
  • brown and wild rice (wild rice hand-harvested in Minnesota, of course)
  • locally-grown collard greens. 

An odd mix of stuff but I think it will be tasty.

And speaking of food, I'm overjoyed with all the squash in season right now. We've gone through delicata, red kuri, buttercup, acorn, butternut...hoping to work my way through them all. Mmmm!

buttercup squash (mixed this w/ wild rice for Baby F)

4 comments:

  1. Yay, hooray and WOOO HOOO!! I'm so excited that you get to run again! Fifteen minutes is way better than nothing, *fingers crossed* that it goes really well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay... nice to be given the green light to run again! Okay, and so jealous about the rockcod... the fishing & the eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I got the green light this week too, but when I ran, there was still pain. :-(

    Hope you have better luck than me! Enjoy the running.

    ReplyDelete