Friday, September 24, 2010

SOWL Recap

Kerrie's (MomvsMarathon) SOWL (Summer of Weight Loss) is over.  Overall, I've lost 45 lbs, though only 4 lbs since the SOWL started. I think I would like to go another 3 but mostly focus on getting muscles back. Even though my weight is really close to pre-pregnancy, I can tell I do not have the same tone at all. How do I find time to start lifting weights again? (This is where Jillian Michaels comes in handy, eh?)


I'm not going to do the "after" pics since my loss isn't very dramatic but I can very happily report that I am back into all my work clothes again.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.


The "before" and beginning of SOWL is found HERE.


Before and after stats:


Weight: 140 lbs --  136 lbs (-4) 
Bust: see here
Chest: 31.5"  --  31"  (-0.5)
Waist: 30.5"  --  29.25"  (-1.25)
Hips: 35"  --  35" (0.0)
Midway (a.k.a. muffin-top section): 33"  --  33" (0.0)  
Thigh: 23"  --  22"  (-1.0)
Knee: 15.5"  --  14.25"  (-1.25)
Calf: 14.75"  --  14.5"  (-0.25)
Upper arm: 12"  --  11.75"  (-0.25) 
Forearm: 10.5"  --  10.25"  (-0.25)


That's what 4 lbs got me. I shouldn't complain but I'm surprised my dreaded muffin top and hips didn't come out smaller since my work clothes are fitting me so much better. I suppose there is a good chance the measurements were not collected consistently, which could contribute to some oddities like...1.25" difference in my knees?? Really? I'll take it, but it seems kinda crazy!


Did I hear Kerrie is contemplating a Holidays of Weight Loss? Time to work on body composition. 


Thanks Kerrie for the challenge and I look forward to seeing you on your birthday for the YOU GO GIRL 10k in Tacoma! 



3 comments:

  1. Good job!! I'll be taking any sort of loss as success, and wow, over an inch off your waist is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats. any lose is a good lose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete