Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bummed

I don't know what I did but I can barely walk as of yesterday. I started hobbling Monday evening while walking from the hotel to dinner but it went away after I warmed up. It was like my left achilles was just tightening up/seizing every once in a while.

Then Tuesday during my work training, each time I tried to get up for a break, I could barely walk until my ankle warmed up.

Well, getting off the plane last night it was REALLY bad and my ankle was totally swollen. What the heck did I do?

Ever since Sunday's race, I've been SO JAZZED about running and excited to pick up my miles and now...?? I don't know what to do.

Should I go see a doctor?
Can they do anything if it's just a sprain?
What if it's not a sprain?

I don't even know what to tell them. I don't remember twisting my ankle or anything.

This sucks.

Very bummed today.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's the pits. Since you are wanting to resume training I would go in to see a doc, just to be sure what you're dealing with. The last thing you want to do is make it a worse or chronic condition by starting back too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the very least I would suggest sticking that ankle into a bucket of ice water! I find that a small ice chest works well for foot/ankle icing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your ankle. I hope it gets better soon. It's frustrating when you have a plan and your body has another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does your achilles "click" when you walk down stairs? If so, it could be achilles tendonitis.
    If you ran too much on your toes, you might've hyper-extended your tendon?

    Really, I have no idea but I hope it gets better soon. I think the rule of thumb is 6 days, and if its not better by then, get it checked out.
    R.I.C.E!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! Ice and tylenol and rest. If it's not feeling better in 2-3 days, see the doc! Feel better friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Alma, that sucks! I hope you have a super speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonononononono! What is going on?!

    ReplyDelete