As TMB@Racing with babes says...
SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP!
I feel so good about doing my interval workout! Hooray for shaming myself into it. Feeling much more energized now. The details:
- 1% incline to make up for the treadmill advantage (is that sufficient?)
- 3 x 800m @ 7:30 pace
- 400m recovery jogs @ 10:30min/mile
- 2.75 mile warm-up/cool-down @ 10:00min/mile
- 5 minutes barefoot running
The barefoot running feels like heaven now, it always gives my feet a nice stretch. Ahhhh!
So the 800's felt good once I finally relaxed into the pace. I was pretty tense during the first one, worrying whether I could keep up the pace, my arms swinging too high, my feet hitting the rubber too hard, my knee landing correctly over my toes, keeping my core tight, etc. Neurotic or perfectionist?
M.I.A. helped me with the tedium of the treadmill. Her music is a great pacer for speed workouts.
It doesn't help that it gets so darn HOT in the gym. I was SWEATY! Check it out (gross). The back of my shirt was entirely wet except for an outline where my sports bra was.
Thank goodness for my (super-cute) sweaty band!
In other news:
- Bike is in the shop until next week getting the derailer adjusted & a general tune-up so that will impact my bike commuting. I count on that as part of my cross-training so I'll have to try to make up for those lost minutes somehow.
- Heart rate monitor is officially dead. I've been trying different things to get it going but it appears the transmitter is dead. So, I have to decide if I want to get it fixed ($50 if only a battery problem) or put that money towards a Garmin ($150). Any thoughts?