Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This train has left the track...

Not the station, the track.

This is the last day of my "two-a-day" week challenge and I've seen progress. 2 lbs down! But I don't think I'll be finishing it with a bang.

This morning, I had my alarm set for 5:45 am so I could go run a 4-mile tempo and be back in time for Baby F to wake up and start the day. Well, we had a serious derailment last night.

Baby F went down for bedtime at his usual 7 pm (yes, we have a Dr. Weissbluth baby) but slept for about 30 minutes then started screaming his head off. We were checking on him and he seemed fine but he just wouldn't fall asleep. Here is how our night went:


  • 9:30 pm - Let Baby F stay up for a while so we can observe him
  • 10:30 - Put to bed again
  • 11:30 - Baby F screaming
  • Midnight - I go to bed, bring Baby F with me. Toss, turn, toss, turn. Broken sleep then full-blown screaming and runny, congested nose by 3 am. Definitely a cold. 
  • 3:00 am - Take Baby F downstairs so Mr. F could sleep
  • 4:30 - Awake again, go put Baby F in crib - he sleeps!
  • 5:45 - Alarm goes off, I turn it off immediately
  • 7:00 - Baby F wakes up at regular time, all of us very tired


All day was run-around time to get ready for our big trip to Vermont and then Michigan. Errands all over town. But at least I didn't have to work today and have a functional brain, no?

Needless to say, my 4-mile tempo run did NOT happen.

I had practically no sleep, I was busy all day (did I mention that some cousins from Michigan paid us two surprise visits today? Great fun but now I'm really crunched for time.), it's 9 pm and I'm exhausted and I still have one more load of laundry to do and then finish packing. Town car comes at 4:20 am to take us to the airport.

Yes, 4:20 am. EARLY.

I'm so bummed I didn't get my run in today but the whole day was up-ended. Derailed. Maybe Friday? IF we all survive the 7.5 hour flight from Seattle to Hartford, CT via Dallas? Then a 2.5 hour car ride to Vermont. We'll see what Vermont brings...

uh-oh...Sounds like Baby F is waking up. Congested nose. Poor thing...looks like packing will have to wait a bit longer but hopefully my run won't have to wait longer than Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, hope your trip is good & that Baby F is feeling better. Up all night with baby is definitely no fun. Way to go on the 2 pounds though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope baby is feeling better and you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I totally printed out your comment about all of the solid baby brands and other things.

    It is funny, the more people we talk to about pumps, the more people who say to just hold off until you find out that you need one. Probably really good advice.

    Anyway, that is really a bummer that you didn't get your tempo run in. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. That sounds brutal. Poor kiddo. Poor mama. Hope you guys have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. posted about you today!

    http://www.theboringrunner.com/2010/08/track-workouts-and-cherry-on-top.html

    ReplyDelete