Friday, August 13, 2010

So far so good...

SOWL frustration (i.e., pity party) lasted one day.

Today was a new day with my new challenge of doing two-a-day workouts until we leave for Vermont next week.

First up:
3.4 mile brisk walk at Alki - gorgeous morning on the water with the Olympic Mts, Puget Sound, & Seattle skyline views

Second up:
3.1 mile tempo run at 8:25 min/mile pace with 2 miles warm-up / cool-down.

Later, I did another couple mile walk with my mom. It was fairly leisurely but felt good to stretch out. I'm already feeling the tempo run because I did the first 2.5 miles at 8:27 pace then for the last 0.6 miles, stepped down to 8:05 then 7:52 then 7:47. Aiiiii! My calves are getting tight. Need to pull out the stretching band, foam roller, and roller massager. Ahhhh!

Tomorrow we have an early-ish wedding to attend so I'm going to try to do a good walk with the baby early in the morning (2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes) then will be working a swim into the schedule around noon. Sunday is long run day.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're back in the groove. I can't believe how speedy you are getting. 7:47... my goodness, I'd need to be on rollerskates to be going that fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete