Sunday, August 8, 2010

Long Run Sunday + Alt X-Training

So yesterday I was headed home from the best brewery ever, Georgetown Brewing Company, where I picked up a couple growlers for dinner when I saw this crazy bicycle contraption. You can't completely see it in the photo, but there is a row of recumbent cycles in the very front, in addition to the peddlers in the middle & up top. I'm thinking this would be a great way to get to work - bike-pooling!


Which means that I'd need to find another cross-training outlet so maybe I'd try...trapeze arts? Who knew we had a trapeze center just a couple miles away?


Well, maybe not. The cycle machine was moving pretty slow and I think the trapeze would make me nauseous. You gotta love how unique Seattle is though! 

Today, I headed out to North Seattle for a run with Super C and Riley, the cutest dog ever. We ran from their place along the Burke Gilman Trail to Magnuson Park & Lake Washington. We crashed a wedding of some sort along the water. I'm not sure what type - there were a group of women in white satin-like dresses with white head scarves and a group of young men all in white. The crowd was dressed up, mostly hovering under a large tent to avoid the drizzle, and there was music playing on a loud speaker but I couldn't make out what language it was. I'm guessing Russian or some other eastern European affair? 


It was a great run to end the week. I hardly ever get to see Super C so it was nice to have a full hour to get caught up. Stats: 5.7 miles, 1:01:18, 10:34 pace.

Oh - and you have to appreciate my new cool t-shirt (you can get yours here: TMB Endurance):



I love how when I look in the mirror, the shirt is telling me to get going (you can't tell from the photo, but the print is in reverse). I usually wear a size S/M but since these run small, I ordered a L and I like the fit.

All in all, I came pretty close to my goals this past week. I fell short on my cross-training, which consisted of one 30-Day Shred Workout, 1/2 day bike commute, and one day with Yoga Meltdown. We had out-of-town friends staying with us which made it a little hard to do exercise videos in the living room. The good thing is I got all my runs in: 3 mile run, 800m intervals, and long run.

Next week will be another tempo run week, I hope to add more cross-training, and will resume bike commuting.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, the trapeze idea sounds totally fun! Although since I'm picturing the days when I easily swung around like a monkey on playground bars, I'm sure now 30 years later I'd be in for a rude awakening to how hard it actually would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt looks fabulous! I love the backwards text too, you can't help but pay attention when you see your reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt! While your cross training fell short, I think any amount you can squeeze in is beneficial. Like most of us, we all seem to find room for improvement in our training schedules. Keep up the consistent running!

    ReplyDelete