Sunday, August 1, 2010

Less than stellar

This was a really low energy week for some reason. Recovering from all the family festivities of last weekend?

Phase of the moon?

No near-term goals?

I got 3 days of cross-training and my long run in but no "easy" run and no tempo run. 1 of 3 runs is a less than stellar way to start out my 10k training plan.

Up this week: A fresh start.

I'm hoping to incorporate some new cross-training, too. My bike commute is an easy way to get some mellow exercise in (20 min each way) but I still need more exercise minutes in my week. I got three new videos & a book in the mail on Friday so hoping to work in some change:


I know I'm at least 3 years behind on the Jillian Michaels bandwagon but I've always been a few steps behind everyone else :) 

I did her Level 1, 20-minute 30-Day Shred workout after my long run on Friday and it seemed pretty simple at the time. It was only 20 minutes after all, with cycles of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs work. I don't have hand weights so I did the strength segments using the same hand motions but weightless. 

And you know, my deltoids were SORE the next day!! 

Kinda pathetic but kinda cool, too. I obviously need this! I just need to figure out where/when I'm going to work these in, beginning with the 20-minute workouts. Those should be easiest to squeeze in between work/baby/chores/bed. 

I do need to get some hand weights, though, to make this really effective. I tried REI this weekend but no luck so I guess I need to find a sporting good store, which doesn't really exist in our part of urban Seattle so may be easier to just look online. 

Here's to a new month & new week!





2 comments:

  1. I have Jillian's DVDs...but not the Yoga (maybe you could review it? ;-) I really like 30 Day Shred for a quick workout. It's fast but I feel like I did something when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of trying the 30 day shred video as well... I'll be interested to see how it goes for you as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete