Last Friday while I was flying from Seattle to Hartford (via Dallas), with a sick, crabby toddler, Adam at "I Am Boring" tagged me with the Cherry On Top Award. Very nice!
Apparently, Adam feels my pain when it comes to Babies R Us. Honestly, I thnk that place is hell. The first time I went there, I left in tears because it was so overwhelming (and I may have been a bit hormonal). The next time, I took along support (a.k.a. mom) but still had a panic attack. The few other times I've HAD to go there, I've broken out into a cold sweat and got in/out as fast as possible. I much prefer to do any baby-related shopping online (diapers.com has free overnight delivery; etsy.com; amazon.com).
The deal with this award is you gotta do these three things:
- Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
- Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.
- The third and final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.
1. If I could change one significant thing that would affect me today, it would be that I wish I would have spent more time studying Spanish in Mexico. In college, I went south of the border for one quarter to work on my Spanish and it was great but I should have stayed for at least 6 months to become more fluent. I speak well and have used my language skills for work but I would be so much better off if I'd stayed down there. At the time, I was concerned about getting too far behind in my science track courses for my major. Bah!
2. I would like to pass this award on to...
P @ Adventures of an Average Athlete - Because she gets up super early to get her workouts in and still has a fantastic sense of humor.
Mel @ Tall Mom On the Run - Because she's been having a rough time lately and could use some sweets.
Anne @ Asthma and the Gift of Running - Because of her perseverance.
Tonia @ Racing with Babes - Because she is a great role model as a mom, athlete, and small business owner.
Emily @ Sweat Once a Day - Because I think this woman is made of STEEL.
Average @ Diary of an Average Runner - Because she's brave enough to start all over in a new town.
Thank you, Adam, for validating my BRUs anxiety and good luck with the rest of your baby-gear shopping!