Friday, August 27, 2010

I'll take that with a cherry on top!



Last Friday while I was flying from Seattle to Hartford (via Dallas), with a sick, crabby toddler, Adam at "I Am Boring" tagged me with the Cherry On Top Award. Very nice!

Apparently, Adam feels my pain when it comes to Babies R Us. Honestly, I thnk that place is hell. The first time I went there, I left in tears because it was so overwhelming (and I may have been a bit hormonal). The next time, I took along support (a.k.a. mom) but still had a panic attack. The few other times I've HAD to go there, I've broken out into a cold sweat and got in/out as fast as possible. I much prefer to do any baby-related shopping online (diapers.com has free overnight delivery; etsy.com; amazon.com).

The deal with this award is you gotta do these three things:
  1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
  2. Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.
  3. The third and final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.

Mis respuestas:

1. If I could change one significant thing that would affect me today, it would be that I wish I would have spent more time studying Spanish in Mexico. In college, I went south of the border for one quarter to work on my Spanish and it was great but I should have stayed for at least 6 months to become more fluent. I speak well and have used my language skills for work but I would be so much better off if I'd stayed down there. At the time, I was concerned about getting too far behind in my science track courses for my major. Bah!

2. I would like to pass this award on to...

P @ Adventures of an Average Athlete - Because she gets up super early to get her workouts in and still has a fantastic sense of humor.

Mel @ Tall Mom On the Run - Because she's been having a rough time lately and could use some sweets.

Anne @ Asthma and the Gift of Running - Because of her perseverance.

Tonia @ Racing with Babes - Because she is a great role model as a mom, athlete, and small business owner.

Emily @ Sweat Once a Day - Because I think this woman is made of STEEL.

Average @ Diary of an Average Runner - Because she's brave enough to start all over in a new town.

Thank you, Adam, for validating my BRUs anxiety and good luck with the rest of your baby-gear shopping!

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo - I love awards! :-) I wish I spoke any Spanish at all. It would come in handy every day here in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks so much for the award Alma! I'll have to think about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment about the Padden Tri. I plan on doing the competitive division next year - maybe i'll see you up here! Look forward to following your bloggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Wanted to answer your question. The problem with running your runs faster than called for is that if you do it all the time, you are making it harder for your body to recover, which as you add mileage can lead to an increased risk of injury. I do about 10% of my miles each week at race pace of whatever I am training for and the rest are "supposed" to be done at 80% or less of my max speed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work!! I'm glad you didn't go for the usual cop-out and not change anything. I too wish that I would have studied a bit more when I took spanish.

    ReplyDelete