Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home sweet home

Just made it home this afternoon after 10 long days on the road. Vermont was gorgeous and Michigan was quite relaxing. Baby F just loved his farm experience. It was sad to tear him away from all the cousins, animals, swimming pond, tractor, golf cart, and fresh raspberries/tomatoes/beans/peppers/other garden delights, even if he did have to work for his supper...

    

I was hoping it would take me at least an hour to fill in my running log tonight with all the runs I completed while on vacation and I'm sad to say that in all those 10 days, the only run I got in was the MCM Mama Virtual 4.0 Mile Run.

Damn.

The last two weeks were a total wash. Between being sick (still fighting congestion) and all the traveling and family business and staying up too late, I just didn't get any other runs in. I guess I am well-rested now?

So this week it's time to get back on track. Mr. F stayed behind in MI to do some work but should be home mid-week (yes, I just flew home with a toddler by myself!) so I may have to rely on the Jillian Michaels videos until he returns. That's ok though, I just gotta get movin'!

This coming weekend we're taking off again for a trip to the ocean so I'm really looking forward to getting some runs in the nice salty air. Ahhh!

Now to get caught up on laundry and reading everyone's blogs...

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to get motivation to run while traveling, especially when you're sick! I try not to let that hang on my shoulders - it's in the past, now you can look forward to a fresh, new week. I LOVE running at the coast - there is a nice paved trail in Westport I've ran many miles on. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home to the beautiful NW weather! Don't be too hard on yourself, I tend to suck at running on vacation too! Hope you feel better and enjoy your quality time with Jillian.

    ReplyDelete