Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sweaty Band vs Bondi Band?

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for Sweaty Band vs Bondi Band? 
How about a discount for either?

Summer finally arrived in Seattle and I'm needing something to hold my bangs back. Both brands of bands have some darn cute examples but it's a bit of an investment just for a headband, no?

On other fronts, my pedometer supplied by my employer for the "10k-A-Day" program died. I tried six different batteries, none worked, so I declared Mr. Pedometer dead dead dead. It's a bit of a relief that I don't have to participate in the program anymore because I have to admit, I was getting compulsive about checking my steps each day. I was annoying myself with it so I'm sure my husband was getting tired of it too.

Also this week, I bike commuted to work all two days, got my easy 2 mi (10 min mile pace) in, and even got to go swimming at Seattle's outdoor, salt-water, public Colman Pool in Lincoln Park. I wish I had taken a photo - the pool is directly on the waterfront so as you are in the pool, you can see the Puget Sound and snow-capped Olympic Mountain. Gorgeous!

Tomorrow I need to do either my long run for the week, 6 mi, or a tempo run. It's going to depend on how early I can get up & what kind of child care I can scrounge up...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I love my SweatyBand, and yes, it was an investment price-wise, but totally worth it. I wear it every day, so it paid for itself pretty quickly. I haven't bought a BondiBand yet - I keep trying to win one on other people's blogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete