Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer of Weight Loss Challenge

Looking back at when I started this blog in February and was "waiting for a swift kick in the caboose," I am reminded of how much I was struggling. I was having such a hard time fitting ANY exercise time in. In just 4 months, I've really come a long way.

It's been so great finding an online/blogging network of women like me who are trying to be their best and stay healthy. I think that the accountability that I was hoping to get from this blog has really worked out and most of all, the support from other running women out there has been so incredibly helpful. The comments from everyone are encouraging and reading what everyone else is doing helps me stay focused, makes me laugh, gives me inspiration, and provides great ideas for working the work-out into a busy day.

So, in keeping with drawing inspiration from my fellow blogging ladies, I have joined Kerrie (MomvsMarathon) in her Summer of Weight Loss (SOWL) Challenge. Kerrie's challenge starts now and ends on Sept. 22, 2010. As part of this challenge, we are posting our current & goal weight, weekly weigh-in results, body measurements, and "before" pictures. This is a tough one but here goes...

Ok, this is more daring than doing a triathlon with only two training swims...

And more gutsy than riding the mechanical bull at B's 3rd of July party (I'm still sore by the way)...

No more stalling...

Bust: see here
Chest: 31.5"
Waist: 30.5"
Hips: 35"
Midway (a.k.a. muffin-top section): 33"  [This is new since Baby F and what I most want to get rid of.]
Thigh: 23"
Knee: 15.5"
Calf: 14.75"
Upper arm: 12"
Forearm: 10.5"

Since having Baby F, I've lost 40+ lbs. Current weight 140 lbs, goal weight < 135 lbs and to fit into my work clothes again!

And the "before" shots (ugh)...

 

To help me with this, I'll be tracking my meals at My Fitness Pal and also will resurrect some meal planning sheets / point system that I was using when I was seeing a nutritionist a few years back.

Good luck SOWL ladies!

5 comments:

  1. You already look fabulous. Check out my blog today. It has my post P90X measurements and pictures. I am using it as my start point for the SOWL challenge. Our measurements are almost identical. Except I had to lose 70 lbs to get there ;) Good luck with the challenge. Can't wait to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "midway" really bugs me. I just can't seem to get rid of it -- and yes it was new for me, too, after T Junior. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And good for you for wanting to be healthy! I think we are all going to have great success with the SOWL since we all have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really don't look like a "before" pic, but everyone has their own goal in mind. Best of luck to you on your SOWL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real-life story on how weight loss helps to fit into your favorite sexy bikini can be accessed right at our weight loss blog.

    ReplyDelete