Friday, June 4, 2010

Two days until NODM!

Well, I haven't met my goal of being back at pre-pregnancy weight by June 1. I have about 6 lbs to go but I'm glad I'm still making progress, even if it is a bit slower than I'd like. Things have just been nutty around here so I've put the training on the back-burner despite the upcoming half marathon.

Does house and yard work and dancing in the living room with my son count as cross-training? Does this cross-training for the past two weeks count as a taper?

I have done little to nothing (nothing more than 4 mile walk) for the last couple weeks. I've just been SO busy. And this Sunday is the North Olympic Discovery (half) Marathon!! I've never been this unprepared for a big event. I just hope we have a good time, nice weather, and that I can walk ok the next day.

Training partner B is out, MB is "in" and sad for her, but great for MB & I, Kerrie at MomVsMarathon is "in" too. B's strange injury causing her ribs to pop out of place and rotator cuff to atrophy are still a mystery to her doc so I don't think she'll be able to do the Lake Padden Triathlon at the end of June either. Another friend is running the half this weekend so it will be great to see her for lunch after the race.

So what have I been so busy with? Well, we decided that Baby F's first birthday was a huge milestone for our whole family. WE SURVIVED the first year, relatively unscathed and intact. Nothing short of a miracle and not without the help of our friends and family. As a celebration of this milestone, we decided to throw a BIG party! That meant, several weeks of preparations - fixing up the yard, the house, etc. Nothing like a party to motivate you to get work done around the house, right?

Although it was Memorial Day weekend and some folks were traveling, we had a good turn-out (50+). We started around 2 pm and the last guests left around 1 am. Mr. F and I had a great time and Baby F, well, he was a bit overwhelmed. He just wasn't sure what to make of that flaming cupcake and just screamed as the candle was blown out, not even tasting the frosting. Oh well, maybe next year.


3 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday to baby F. I can totally relate to the company motivation... I invited people over all the time just so that I have to vacuum & pick up the house. :) Have a great time at NODM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well, that IS a huge candle. :) Looking forward to Sunday! If it makes you feel any better, I'm the most unprepared I've ever been, too. We'll just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time at NODM!!

    ReplyDelete