Monday, May 17, 2010

Three, 3-letter words, aligned center

Not my job woes but my HUSBAND's job woes kept me from doing my 12-miler on Sunday. His subcontractor was refusing to deploy their ROV in waters greater than sea-state 4. Or was it 5? Whatever. They're working around the clock out there, off-shore of Florida someplace.

ARG!!!

Sunday I had planned to hit West Seattle for a 12-mile walk in this glorious weather. Well, baby F woke up with a fever. Poor little guy. I could have let dad take care of him in the morning while I did my workout but Mr. F was having a work crisis. Yes, on Sunday. This is not an infrequent occurrence lately (the last one was on Mother's Day - my first M's Day but won't get into that now). So, there was no leaving for 3 hours because baby F needed real attention.

After I got baby F down for a nap, I was able to sneak out for a nice 4-mile run with KH at Lincoln Park (lots of stairs, too!) and I'm grateful for that but so very frustrated that two weekends in a row I missed my long walk. I forgot to wear my HRM so no stats for the run. I think it was about 45 minutes?

I REALLY needed that run. I got a chance to vent to KH about my MIL who sent a caring email on Saturday telling me that I was disrespecting and not taking care of the great gift from God (baby F) by feeding him bath water during bath time. Don't I know that he could get e. coli and have brain damage?! Surely I would want to protect him and keep him healthy rather than make him sick by feeding him poopy water?

WTF?!?! 

I really don't FEED bath water to my son while in the bath and generally stop him from feeding it to himself via his measuring cup bath toys but regardless...REALLY? Was that necessary? She drives me crazy. I have to say, I do thank God that she's in Michigan and not nearby where I have to hear on a regular basis what a horrible mother I am and listen to her theories on the health effects of bath water ingestion.

*****

Back in the real world, this week I am hoping to bike commute again on Thursday and if no one schedules meetings I hope to take part in the lunch time yoga on Thursday. Otherwise, runs on Wednesday & Friday again.

I want to try a long walk again next weekend but am afraid of jinxing myself at this point. Only 3 weeks until the NODM half marathon!

ACK!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I had to laugh at the MIL / bathwater comments, even though I can't believe she said that to you. I could just picture you sitting by the side of the tub, spooning bathwater into baby F's waiting mouth. Open up for nummy bath water. Sorry you didn't get your long run in... hopefully it'll happen this weekend.

    ReplyDelete