Friday, May 7, 2010

TGIF - Feeling good on a sunny day

It's been too long since I'd been able to run but I finally got out this morning! After me being sick then baby being sick & dad gone, then me traveling to Bozeman, MT this past week for work (IT WAS SNOWY!), I've finally settled down. Phew!

I think this is my early Mother's Day and so far, it's awesome. I went to the gym this morning where I got to get some barefoot running in for the first time in a long while. Didn't have a ton of time but got 2.75 miles in 30:14 during a combo walk:jog.  Avg HR = 162. It actually felt good to kick my shoes off and hit the treadmill. Something about it - easier on my joints? I just went shoeless for 3 minutes though because it's been a while since I've done it and I don't want to be too sore for tomorrow's 10 mile walk with B.

After the gym, I was off to see Katie, former marathon training partner, who is an aesthetician extraordinaire @ Tangerine Salon Spa. Treated myself to the best facial in Seattle. Feeling good, I went to Kids on 45th consignment store next door to Tangerine and scored an ERGO that looked barely used for $75 + I had a $20-off coupon! NICE! I've been looking on Craig's List but the good ones go quick and I was about to break down and get a new one. I've heard the ERGO is best for your back and at 23 lbs, my little guy is starting to get pretty heavy when I wear/carry him.

Next, I treated myself to a coffee and book time at Tully's on 45th in Wallingford. Still a bit on the fence about Doubt Is Their Product. It has a good history of public health issues related to exposures to chemicals and how industry fights regulation of their use of harmful chemicals, but the author seems to look at things in black & white. ALL scientists who work for industry are not evil. I know, because I'm one and I've never sought to make the data fit the conclusion I wanted.

On my way home, I stopped at Trophy Cupcakes to buy a triple chocolate Mother's Day treat for our nanny/babysitter. I didn't get one for me which took an amazing amount of willpower.

After Baby F wakes up from his nap, we're off to Lincoln Park (Seattle's BEST park) to do a walk with KH and baby. It's a beautiful sunny day so will be nice to get down to the waterfront.

Tomorrow - a 10 miler with B!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that sounds like the best day ever... except maybe on the best day ever you would have actually eaten a cupcake for yourself too! Hope the sunshine lasts for your 10 miler.

    ReplyDelete