Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stuck at home + car seat conundrum

I just saw my neighbor (who I used to run with once in a while) run by with her dog, Stella. They looked so happy as they ran by my house, rubbing it in that I'm stuck inside on such a great day.

It's cool and gray outside and there is a light mist. I LOVE running in these conditions. The air feels crisp and fresh and it's quiet outside. It reminds me of fall, my favorite season.

I really, really, really want to go for a run.

I'm finally kicking my cold so I think I could do it and feel pretty good, especially after being pent up all week. If I was a little kid, I would be seriously whining and stomping my feet on the ground right now, throwing a tantrum.

BUT, I can't. Not now anyway. Mr. F is gone for a week and Baby F is sleeping. So, I'm tied to the house. When Baby F wakes up, we have to run to an appointment on the "East side" to get our new car seat checked out. I think I installed it correctly (Recaro Signo) but want to be sure. By the time we get back, it will be time for Baby F's nap again. Then, after the nap we have a 1st birthday party to go to, which I am excited about but wish someone could hang out here right now while I go for a run...

I'm sure Baby F would be fine and he certainly wouldn't notice if I slipped out for just 30 minutes.

*sigh*

I know, I know. I would never do that. But it's hard not to contemplate about it.

Speaking of car seats, I bought another one (Safety First, Alpha Omega Elite) for our other car and I think I need to return it. The belt between the legs is in the position closest to the outside edge and it fits baby right now. Baby F is only about 22 lbs and this car seat is supposed to last until he's ready for a booster so I think there is no room for him to grow without him sitting at least part-way on that belt. Grumble. I'll ask the car seat technician about it today and what a good alternative would be. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment