Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sore again - feels goot!

Ok, after two weeks mostly "off," I got back on that treadmill this week and am pretty darn sore today. That barefoot running really gets yours calf muscles worked up TIGHT. It's a good sore though. What makes it better is that I felt like I actually started some good habits this week of getting to bed earlier, which meant I could wake up earlier and get to work earlier, which meant that I didn't have to do more work at night to get caught up.

So yesterday was 4 miles on the treadmill, which included barefoot running and a walk/jog combo. Today was an easy 3 mile walk along the Seattle waterfront during my lunch. It was sprinkling when I started then got sunny and warm with a small spurt of *snow* followed by more sun. Crazy PNW weather!

In other news, I finished reading NurtureShock by Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman. It's all about what new research is telling us about raising kids & how some of the newer studies are challenging beliefs that we took for granted. Excellent! Check it out.

Right now, listening to Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton on my iPod and reading (hard copy) Doubt Is Their Product by David Michaels. The Wharton book is just plain fun, kinda reminds me of Jane Austen, and the Michaels book is all about how industry uses science to cast doubt on issues to distract us from taking action that would protect us from harm (e.g., bad drugs, environmental contamination, etc).

Newest music - Pistolera, a Brooklyn-based band... I really like them but haven't tried running to them yet. I'm thinking not for running but otherwise quite fun to listen to. Checking out Kerrie's playlist and thinking I would pick hers any day over LB's tunes. Sorry LB, but that list seems like a bit of a downer (though I LOVE Prince)?

No comments:

Post a Comment