Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Training with Zafon

Baby F woke me up at 6:20 this morning. After a diaper change and bottle, I put him back down, got dressed, grabbed my iPod and went out for my second day of NODM training. Today was a walk-only day so I headed out on what I call the "Golf Course Loop." I could definitely feel my sore calves from yesterday's barefoot running.

I'm still not used to hearing the birds singing in the morning and the sweet smell of all the trees and flowers blooming. It's only March 1 after all! I can't believe it's spring already - must be the El Nino.

While walking I switched over to an audiobook, The Shadow of the Wind, and decided that maybe I was too harsh in my judgment of it in yesterday's post. The story was making me laugh out loud, which is always a good thing. I do like Zafon's clever quips. I still think the two books are a bit formulaic but I need to get over myself - it doesn't mean I can't enjoy them.

Listening to the book made the walk go by too fast. Before I knew it, I was back home from the 3.3 mile route in 47:26. Not bad!

Baby F is still sleeping - poor little guy is fighting a cold. Hope to get some work done from home before heading in to the office...

No comments:

Post a Comment