Monday, March 1, 2010

NODM Training Week 1

Accomplished = Day 1 of NODM training: 3 mi walk!

Left work a little early, jumped on the treadmill and did my 5 min of barefoot running, 16 min of jog:walk (3:1 min), then walked the rest of the time to get my 3 miles in. Calves are already starting to get sore from that barefoot running. Ouch!

Next goal: Get up early tomorrow and get another 3 mile walk in before work. Hopefully that will get my blood going & work out some of that soreness.

In other news...

Reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I just finished The Angel's Game and really enjoyed it but now that I'm reading Shadow, I'm thinking less of both. Kinda reminds me of Davinci Code/Angels and Demons. Zafon has his winning formula and he's sticking to it. So far, both books are too similar. A bit disappointing though I would still recommend reading one or the other because they're still highly entertaining and very mysterious.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad you were disappointed with Zafon's second book. I read Shadow of the Wind & loved it so I was looking forward to reading The Angels Game. Maybe since I have quite a few years between the two books I wouldn't noticed the similarities quite so much.

    Way to go on Training Day 1!

    ReplyDelete