Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yeah - I did it again!

I escaped work today for the second time and hit the gym for a little while before picking up baby F at day care. I did my big 10 minutes of walk/jog allowed by my PT and then ellipticized for a total of 2.8 miles. Again not a lot but I'll take it! I added the time/miles to my little log and with some TLC, hope it grows.

I pulled my iPod shuffle out of my gym bag this time and realized that I had forgotten what a great, crazy mix of music I have on there. I was reminded how great the White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Lupe Fiasco, Blues Scholars, MIA, Mala Rodriguez, U2, GNR, and yes, Metallica are to exercise to. And...guilty pleasure Duran Duran and Paula Abdul...and guiltiest pleasure...Journey. Yup, Journey. AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT!

Funny thing - I found out I was recommended for a promotion. This, from the job that had reduced me to "on call" in December then just brought me back as regular, part-time status. 

In the meantime...

...just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going aaanyywhere. Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit. He took the midnight train going aaanyywhere...


3 comments:

  1. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have Duran Duran, Journey, Van Halen, Prince, Rick Springfield and a bunch more 80s music on my ipod. Whatever works.

    Good luck with all the job stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Prince makes me drool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Love the music selection. My gym occasionally flips to an eighties light metal station and it is the best stuff to run to. So what if I look weird singing away to Sweet Child of Mine under my breath... it keeps me moving!

    ReplyDelete