Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Work trumps workOUT

For the second day in a row, I just couldn't get away from work to go to the Y. With only a part-time work (24 hr/wk) and child care schedule, it's REALLY hard to get all my work-work completed and still sneak away for a workout.

How do y'all do it? I could get up earlier to work out before work, as I did pre-baby but with my Facebook addiction leading to late bed times and middle-of-the-night feedings, it's SO difficult to wake up. Crazy to think I used to be up at 5:30 am running track workouts and doing tempo runs. I KNOW I can get back to that and consequently, my pre-pregnancy jeans. I miss feeling fit. I want it. It's just getting over this hump at the beginning...

I think I can...I think I can...

Off to do my physical therapy exercises...

2 comments:

  1. It is hard finding time to get everything in, and I agree, waking up before your kids get up is just plain crazy!! The daycare at my gym is my best friend... the kids love it, it's dirt cheap ($3 for 2 hrs for up to 2 kids). I use that twice a week and go at night or on the weekend to get my other two runs in.

    I also print off & post my training schedule (inside the snack cupboard hee hee) & fill it in as I go. That way it's staring me right in the face how much I'm running & when I'm really behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work part time too and still have a hard time fitting it all in.

    I find that I need to stay off my laptop in the evenings or else nothing happens.

    I've pretty much given up tv in favor of working out. I don't really watch it, I guess I should say I've pretty much given up lounging on the couch watching whatever my husband is watching in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete